Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Uh...that'd be #4 - from Feb 25, 2007


That’s right, I’m now onto my fourth, and please God, last cast. We went up on Wednesday of last week and changed it on Thursday morning. The doctor said everything looked good, but my ligaments, all over my body, are very loose and he would like to keep the cast on for six more weeks to make sure it holds. We were all hoping for four weeks, but hey, what’s another two weeks?
One thing happened during our time at the hospital that really typifies Mommy and Daddy’s relationship. Mommy has a great ability to assert herself into situations that makes Daddy uncomfortable. For example, Mommy asked a waiter one time to bring her more berries for her dessert...something Daddy would never do. However, this time it was for me, so Daddy was cool with it. The cast was way too tight on my belly, something we think caused me to stop eating with the last cast, and Mommy made sure the doctors knew how tight it was. So, they cut it down below my belly, like some low rise jeans, hopefully this will help with my eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment