Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finally! - from November 12, 2006


I know, I know! It has been a month since I last updated, but let’s get things straight...the last post was done by Daddy. He was very long winded and I didn’t want to let him loose again, but he wouldn’t give me back the computer. I finally have it and will fill you in on the last few weeks.
I am still in the body cast and boy does it stink. We go to Dallas on the 20th of this month for the big check in. At that time they will take the cast off, take some pictures of how everything looks, and, more than likely, put another cast back on...for another six weeks. I say more than likely because Dr Herring told us that there was a small chance we would just have to put the harness on. We are praying so hard that when the doctors look at my hips they see a complete recovery and that I will not have to put anything back on. Please pray that with us.
On another side, I am still having seizures. About one a day. They seem to be a little bigger than they used to be and they really tire me out. We have upped and changed medicines may times over the past month, but nothing seems to be working. Currently, I am on four different medicines that I take two times a day. One of those is an oral steroid. I first tried it as a liquid, but that didn’t work. So, we went to another pill. The problem with this medicine is that it makes my tummy REALLY upset and I can’t hold it down. And, of course, since I can’t hold it down it probably is having zero effect on my seizures. We are going tomorrow to see Dr T again and hopefully we will move on to something new. We all ask that you would pray for the seizures to stop and for my brain and mind to be developing fully and completely.
Thank you so very much for all of your support and concern for me and my parents. We are truly blessed to have such an incredible community and to experience the Body of Christ from family, friends, and even people we have not yet met. Thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment