Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tested by Fire? - from Jan 17, 2007


I gotta be honest with you. I just don’t get it. I mean, I know it is not my place to understand the ways of God, but come on! How much can a little baby take? How much refining by fire can one family endure? I’m a little miffed so I am going to let daddy speak for me tonight.

It’s 6:35 pm (Vegas time), I’m sitting in an airport that I just arrived to a few hours earlier. The plan was for myself, my brother, and some friends to go to Tahoe and have a good time skiing and hanging out. But now I am sitting by myself waiting on a flight back to San Antonio. It seems that Gracie’s hips aren’t cooperating with the doctor’s intentions...at least her left hip isn’t. It has popped out of socket and is causing her great pain. So, we are going back to Dallas tomorrow to have them put it back in socket and place her in another body cast. We are not sure how long this new stint will be in the cast. Truly, we’re not really wanting to ask right now. When it comes down to it we are like Grace, a little miffed, however, I would honestly use another word.
It seems like every time we give praise to God for something we get slammed just as quick. “God thank you for Grace not having any seizures for four days.” Bam! Grace has a seizure. We try so hard to give God glory for all of the good things in our lives. We try so hard to turn to God in every situation, but it is getting harder and harder. We believe with everything we are that God can heal Grace of everything. On days like today, however, it gets a little more difficult.
Please pray for God’s healing power to touch Grace and for her to be healed in everyday. Please pray for Ginna and myself to be strengthened by the Holy Spirit, that we might make it through another day. We truly need and greatly appreciate your prayers for healing, strength, and peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment