Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Home again... - from April 16, 2007


Late Thursday night we were sprung from the Hospital and able to go home. Praise God! The doctor felt that I had gained enough weight and was tolerating the tube well enough for us to take the show on the road.
I have been on a constant drip (no, I’m not talking about Daddy, Debi) for the past few days and am tolerating it well. Mommy and Daddy have been putting my medicine into my tube. We’ve only had a few problems with the medicine. It will get clogged and then we have to flush my tube. The second time it happened it was clogged so great that Daddy spent over an hour trying to unclog it. He was pushing water in, pulling water and air out, trying to get the medicine that was logged somewhere in the tube to break free. Unfortunately, all of the work he put into getting the clog out back fired when the tube broke. We were not thrilled by this since getting the tube in is not a fun experience. Thankfully, our good friend Kristen was coming over at 7:30 the next morning. Kristen is a nurse who has put many tubes in, so she knows what she is doing. Mommy, Kristen, and Aunt Sarah got the tube in after a few attempts and we were back in business.
The latest is that Dr T thinks one of my seizure medicines might be making me not want to eat. Oops. Today we are going to start taking me off that med and trying a new one. Please pray that I will have a desire to eat and will act on that desire. Also, that my new seizure med will be effective in stopping my seizures. The old med was working pretty well and we don’t want to lose that momentum.
We are all pretty exhausted and there is only 8 weeks until my little brother arrives!
Thank you for all of your prayers and support, we greatly appreciate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment