Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The G-Tube Cometh - from June 6, 2007


I know, the tube coming out of my belly looks like my power cord and I guess in some ways it is. This is my g-tube! There are many tubes like it, but this is my g-tube! (Sorry, a little marine rifle company flashback...or something like that)
This tube will allow me to continue to eat on my own, but make sure that I am getting the calories I need. The doctor told us this morning that I will have to have the tube in for at least 6 weeks and after that it will depend on how much weight I am gaining and how I am eating to see when I can get it out. We are praying that it can come out at the end of this 6 weeks.
I am tolerating the tube quite well, in fact, I am pretty much ignoring it. Daddy has been blowing into my stomach to see it rise...not really, but it is a funny idea. We start the tube feedings this morning and if things go well we will leave tomorrow.
Until then, have a tubular day dudes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment