Monday, April 2, 2012

The Return of Dr. T - from Sep 17, 2006


On Thursday we went to see Dr T again to see how we have been doing since we’ve been off the steroids for almost two weeks now. I say “we” like I had a mouse in my pocket or like Mommy and Daddy were taking the roids too, hee hee. Apparently being off the drugs hasn’t made my sense of humor any less! Anyway, the appointment went very well. Dr. T told us as we left, “congratulations.” Wow, we sure have been waiting to hear words like that for a while! Basically he said that if the seizures were going to come back they would have already. Praise God! While Mommy and Daddy have seen a few things that makes them nervous, we have faith and know that God has healed me. He is way bigger than any neurological disorder.
The other news the Dr. T gave us that day was not as good. He said that in kids who have infantile spasm, which is what he thinks I had, there is a high instance of mental deficiency. That could come on three levels: poor, poorer, and poorest. Poor would mean that I am able to be educated and can take care of myself, essentially I would be a little slow. Poorer would mean that I could take care of myself, but not be educable. And poorest would be that I could not even take care of myself.
These were not exactly the words that we were expecting from good ol Dr. T, but they are the ones we received. Mommy was kinda freaked out by this, but Daddy seemed pretty much at peace. I heard him tell Mommy that Dr. T said there was a “high instance,” he did not say that it was every time. What that means to him is that it is not a 100% certainty that I would be affected in anyway by these seizures. But even if it were an occurrence in every child like me we know the Great Physician. We know the Creator of the Universe. There is nothing too great for Him. He has made the blind to see, the lame to walk, has brought the dead back to life, he can heal me!
“Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed." Luke 8:50
I ask all of you that you be in prayer with me that God would develop my brain strong and normal, that I might never know a day of mental deficiency. Thank you for your prayers, we truly are so grateful and know that the God of healing is at work in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment