Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mommy's Words - from Jan 10, 2007


This something that Mommy wrote tonight and it is so good I wanted to include it on my blog.

Solid Food

Tears came down.
“Why can’t Grace eat a simple fruit puff? I am so sick of this soupy stuff. When will she be able to eat real people food?”
In the midst of this rant and rave with God, pouring out my sad and frustrated heart to Him on a cold and rainy night is when He spoke this truth into my heart that I will never forget.
“Ginna, Grace is not ready for solid food just like some people aren’t.” I was reminded of the passage in 1 Corinthians 3:2 that says “I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it…”
God apparently thinks that Michael and I are ready for steak. While these present struggles that we are going through are tough and sometimes to the point that I think I can take no more, it brings me comfort to know that God some how thinks that Michael and I are ready to eat the “steak” of this situation.
So, be encouraged…if God is bringing a challenge before you that you think is way out of your ability to handle, look upon it as an honor, knowing that He thinks you are able.
Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment