Tuesday, April 17, 2012

G is not just my initial - from July 8, 2007


 It has been quite a while since I had the G-tube placed in my tummy. While I can’t say it is the best thing that has ever happened to me...it has been a blessing. Over the past month I have gained quite a bit of weight. I am now tipping the scales at 21 lbs. My thighs are starting to look a little more like my daddy’s.
While the tube has been good for getting me fat, it does have its drawbacks. I have had some what of a hard time keeping my food down. At least twice a day I am giving back what my parents give me. The other thing that has caused us some concern is that I have stopped taking anything by my mouth. This is a pretty big deal because if I am ever to get off the tube I need to begin to get my calories by mouth. We are starting with a speech therapist soon who will help me get back to the basics. My uncle Scott had a great idea when he came to see me last weekend. He remembered me liking lollipops and asked if we were trying those. Ureeka! What a great idea! We have since started trying these and I am starting to allow things in my mouth. 
Please pray that I would begin to eat things by mouth and quickly move towards getting my g-tube out. Also, that my mind and body would use the food I get to develop strongly and I would catch up to where I need to be.
Thank  you for all of your prayers and support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment