Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You are now free to move about the country - from Aug 19, 2007


A little over a week ago Daddy and I went to Dallas for my hip check-up at Scottish Rite. The last time we took a flight I had just come out of my cast, I loved my pacifier, and Mommy was with us...oh yah, I didn’t have this passion for sitting up either. This time Daddy was a little nervous about the trip. Unfortunately for him I am a lot like him, I don’t like to be held all the time. Of course, on the plane this was going to be a little difficult, since I wouldn’t have my own seat, but would be flying as a lap child. Thankfully, the flight to Big D was empty, not good for SWA, but great for us. We had our own row and actually a few rows on either side of us. I think Daddy must have smelled because nobody wanted to sit near us. Anyways, Daddy let me lie down while we were at the gate and taxiing to the runway, but was going to have to hold me for the flight. Something neither of us was looking forward to. One of the flight attendants was a really nice lady who was very sweet to me. When she saw me laying on the seat she asked Daddy if I would be more comfortable that way during the flight. He said yes before she finished her question...a little too eager if you ask me. She strapped me in and the flight went great...everyone was happy. The flight attendant kept coming by to check on me and asked about my story. For some reason Daddy was feeling a little lose in the lip and told her. She was very interested and we could tell that she really cared. At the end of the flight she wished us the peace of God to be with us. I told Daddy she was a believer! Daddy told her of my website(incidentally, you can find it at www.gracecrocker.com now), that God’s peace had truly been with us for a long time, and that she would find our story there. I don’t know if she has visited or ever will, but I thank God for her and for her help to us that day. I pray His blessings upon her and am thankful that God places His people everywhere so that his love might be felt by all. Who knows maybe I will be in a position to do the same for someone...or maybe you will be.
BTW (I’m young, I can wrt txt if I want), the appointment at SR was great. Dr Herring said my hips looked good and he didn’t want to see me again for six months. Slowly, but surely, God is removing doctors out of my life. I pray that the GI doc will be next...no offense Dr E. 

No comments:

Post a Comment