Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dr T & the Quest for Truth - from November 26, 2006


 If you can’t tell by my arms, I am looking for the truth behind what is causing my seizures. So far all the tests I have taken to figure things out have come back negative...or positive, depending on your view. In other words, tests have only ruled things out and left us with more questions. The latest test we got the results from was a muscle biopsy that was taken during my hip procedure. Basically it was searching for some metabolic issue, which it did not find. When Mommy told Daddy the results he was not sure how to feel. On one hand we are thrilled that nothing is wrong with me in that area, because it could be ugly. On the other hand it would be nice to know what the heck is going on with me, but alas, that is not to be the case right now.
During our latest visit to our bf’s in Stone Oak I just happened to have a seizure. This was the first time in a while that Dr T was able to witness one. The good news was that I am not having the infantile spasms anymore. He said that I was more likely having just a regular seizure. Yah, I don’t know whether to be excited about that or not either. He also said that I could be having a “movement,” sounds like the vapors or something doesn’t it? A movement is like a big tick. Nope, don’ know what to do with this either. The big news, though, was that he took me off three of the medicines I had been taking and put me on a new one. It is a big relief to get so many drugs off my routine, especially since they weren’t really working. The stinky news is that the drug I am on now is not working either.
We know God can heal me and trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment