Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Showing Some Leg - from November 26, 2006


You might notice something a little different today. That’s right, you can see some of my legs. It’s the latest in cast apparel, cut just above the knee. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future. Boy, I can’t tell you how exciting it is to be able to move my legs again. Sure, I don’t have full motion, but it’s more than was there a few days ago.
We went to Dallas last Monday for our appointment on Tuesday morning. We arrived at Scottish Rite first thing in the morning to start the procedure. Mommy and Daddy were really praying that I would not have to have the cast put back on. As you can see I have the cast, but all is not lost. The first thing the doctor said to Mommy and Daddy was that we had won the cleanest cast award. Apparently, the fact that I live in a germ freakish house is a good thing in keeping a body-cast clean.
He also said that my hips look great. In fact, he said that a few times. Mommy asked him, if my hips look so good how come I have to have another cast on? Dr Herring told us that in order for my hips to heal 100% we needed to stay in a cast for another six weeks. So, the bottom line is my hips look great, Praise God! And I will get my cast off on Jan 5th,,,tell me we aren’t counting those days down.
Thank you for all of your prayers. They have truly been answered, as my hips are becoming whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment