Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Maundy Thursday - from April 8, 2007


While Daddy went to be a part of the Maundy Thursday service, Mommy stayed home with me and wrote this:

The night before my Jesus endured more pain than I could ever imagine….what will you say to me? In a quiet moment a few days ago you were good to show me how much our journey with Grace over the past year can in a small way feel like what you went through.  What an honor that is. May that be what my heart truly believes on a daily basis.

Crying out “My father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39
How this is not the path that we would have painted out, but really would not trade it, as it is the one the Lord has chosen for us and His word says, “As for God, HIS way is perfect,” so bring it on my spirit says (however it’s definitely not what my flesh feels).

Lonely. After Jesus asked His disciples to pray for Him in this most intense time, He comes back to find them sleeping. Even though we have such a support group around us, there are definitely times that we feel like we are in this alone, but know at the core of us that that’s not true. God is constantly with us, as we have Jesus in our heart.

“My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46
How I have so felt like God has checked out on me and is leaving me alone to go through this pain and is not doing anything to take it away. It is good to know that this not the case. He had and has a mightily awesome thing coming, it just wasn’t visible at that moment.
Thank you, Jesus, that you can relate to me. Thank you that you defeated death. Thank you that because of you, the enemy WILL NOT WIN. THE LAMB WINS.
My heart wants to experience this victory daily on this earth. To live a resurrected life.
A life that is not bound by circumstance. May my eyes be heavenward, as yours were.
I want to live a “risen” life above my circumstances.

“I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.” Phil. 3:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment