Monday, April 2, 2012

Rocky Mountain High - from Aug 27, 2006



Last week was the greatest of my life. Ok, so I’ve been around for only 33 weeks and don’t have much of a bank to compare, but wow was it fun. We went on a trip to Estes Park, CO, and Rocky Mountain National Park and saw some of the prettiest land around. Everyday we got to hike into the mountains and sit by a lake or stream. I can’t even walk yet, but Mommy and Daddy carried me in a baby bjorn that we borrowed from my friend, Sarah Grace (nice name).
Daddy tried as hard as he could to catch a trout for me, but apparently the fish are a little smarter than he is. The good thing was we got to sit by some beautiful streams while he caught more trees than fish.
I think what we all learned most on this trip of rest and relaxation is that God is Great! To think that such land has been created and we are able to see it. Looking out over the forest that stretched from mountaintop to mountaintop and knowing that God knows just how many pine needles are out there is a reassuring thought. If God has taken such great care creating a land that has parts no human ever touches just think how much care He has taken in creating me.
It reminds me of a story I read in my picture Bible the other day...Matthew 6:25-34 is a story for me about God’s love for us seen in His very creation of our lives. If God has taken so much care in the creation of the sparrows or the clothing of the fields, don’t we know how much care He has put into us? No matter what medical curve ball is thrown at me I know that God has made me perfect in His image.
This trip really was a blessing for our family. We are so grateful for the rest and peace we were able to experience in God’s creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment