Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Memorial Day! - from May 30, 2007


I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend...you can see how much fun I was having at the river.

Praises to God this past week...
I have started to eat more and more food. It seems to me that my tummy is getting bigger, just in time for swimsuit season no less. Can’t you tell by counting all of my chins? We go back to the GI doc tomorrow to see how I am progressing. If I have gained enough weight then we will continue to put off the g-tube, praise God! The kicker (yes, there seems to always be a kicker) is that since I am eating so much food I have backed off of the formula. So much food and so little liquid has caused me to be...wait for it...the opposite of a few posts ago, constipated. I’m not sure if you have ever had the pleasure of this feeling, but it is no fun. In fact, it made me get very little sleep last night and caused me to see how loud I can get my voice. In other words, I was up all night screaming. And nothing has changed this morning. I haven’t been sleeping through the night for quite a while, but this screaming thing is just kicking it up a few notches. Mommy and Daddy are really tired and ready for a break in this...at least until my little brother comes in a few weeks. Please pray that this passes (pun intended) and I can get back to having good sleeps in the night.
On another note, I have started to talk. I mean, I’m not reciting the Gettysburg Address or anything, but I am starting to make some vowel sounds that I haven’t before. Daddy likes to ask me what an owl says...funny guy. I’m learning to talk and he’s making nature jokes.
Other than some of yesterday, last night, and this morning we have had great days over the last week. It is such a joy to be somewhat of a normal little girl and I know my parents feel that too. Thank you for all of your prayers and support...by the way, it has almost been two weeks since my last seizure and Dr T says I am looking good...go God!

No comments:

Post a Comment