Sunday, June 24, 2012

Speechless-from Jan 27, 2012

So, I am tired, spent, really wanting to get on the couch to watch American Idol, but I cannot do anything else until I write about what just happened. Let me first back up a few hours.

Let's call it a tough afternoon. My tolerance/patience with Miss Grace was at a low this afternoon. Our amazing speech helper, Miss Faith, was about to take Grace to her room to work with her, and out of frustration (I believe for ending her time of scanning pictures on Cari's Iphone, one of her top loves in life) she attacked my face. It was a quick hand grab and thankfully no skin was broken.

Fast forward a few hours. Speech was over, dinner was had and I was about to put the kids to bed and our doorbell rang. Corbin of course runs to his window, but I said, wait, let me look first.
So, I go look through our peep hole, open the door, and NO ONE was there (I mean, I got there seconds after the doorbell had rung). Nothing except this big box with the words "Your family is a BLESSING! Joy to you." and Hebrews 10:24 written on top. So I open the box and you can see from the pic what I saw (minus Grace's finger marks, which she quickly contributed:).
Yes, a giant, beautiful, and now I know, majorly yummy cake! Can you see why I titled this blog "speechless?" Our Big God, Creator of ALL knew it had been a tough afternoon. How over the top kind was He to send this huge upper and delight to our doorsteps through one of His angels. Truly, in our prayers tonight, Corbin said, "yea, Jesus, how did you ring the doorbell so quick and get away so fast." What a thrilling mystery. If you are the beautiful gift of God and are reading this, THANK YOU. Thank you for serving and giving to Him so graciously and generously. And for being so obedient in hearing His voice to know my spirit was needing a touch from Him. Humbled and thankful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment