Sunday, June 24, 2012

Big Girl Play-date- from Nov 9, 2011


Today was a very big, grown up and exciting day for me (and my mom)! As the title tells you, yes, I was asked and went on my very own big girl play date! Yes, I've been on "play dates" before, but this one was different and really special.

This is how it all went down...
My mom met the mom of another girl in my class at the pumpkin patch last week (my mom finds out from her mom that Stella said that "Grace is my best friend," talk about something that melted my moms heart).
Anyways, they (Stella and her twin sister Charlotte) invited me over to their house this afternoon (First, let me tell you how amazing and Jesus hearted their mom is...she asked my mom what I liked for a snack, how I did with stairs and what I liked to play with). I mean wow.

It started out with a bang as they were outside and ran to our car to greet me!
From there on, they just oozed out love on me, from showing me all around their house, guiding my steps up the stairs to sharing homemade ice cream with me!
AND, let me add that another highlight was seeing their pool, which I desperately wanted to get in! I love their mom even more, as she said she'd heat up the hot tub for me to get in next time. I mean, wow again!!

Above all of this fun, I must share with you what my friends’ mom said to my mom when we were leaving. As my mom was telling their mom how giant this was for us, their mom said with tears in her eyes, "I see God in her." Pretty much speechless I stood.
I share this with you all as a thanks for all of the prayers you have prayed over me through the years.

We can't wait to play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment