Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kindergarten...Oh What a Year!!!-from May 29, 2012

So, my mommy just had a seriously ugly cry as she looked over the unbelievable cd full of pictures of my year that my amazing teacher "Cook" sent home in my folder today (I mean, really, could my mom have been given a better gift, not to mention me, the picture loving queen I am)!!

Anyways, my mom felt like she should make the most of her ugly cry and share the reason behind her tears if she can do that with words...well, the pics will explain most of it.

My mom was so blown away and thankful and full of joy to see the giddiness about me at school. Yes, she knows, as do all of you that I LOVE school (part of the roughness that comes with summer, but that's a whole other story) but what a treat to get to see this love through these pictures.
You see, when my mommy comes to visit me at school, I almost always turn into this other person...not as "in the moment" excited as I typically am (she still can't figure out why and it makes her kinda sad because she loves to share in my joy, I know).

Anyways, enough of the heavy part of my moms ugly cry.
What she really wanted to say was wow, THANK YOU JESUS for ALL of the victories in Grace Crocker's life this year!
Thank you that she loves her friends and is loved by so many sweet friends.
Thank you that she has a snack that she loves to share and eat!
Thank you that she gets to stand and be a part of her big girl kindergarten class!
Thank you that, as hard as it is to say good bye to Howard and Gracie's INCREDIBLE 3 1/2 years there, she has a wonderful adventure awaiting her at Cambridge and
Thank you for your word Lord that says "so we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment