Sunday, June 24, 2012

Obsession-from Mar 21, 2012

Obsession. One of the top obsessions in Grace Crocker's life is Cookie. Not a cookie that you eat (though she big time loves that too), but the dog named Cookie that lives next door.
It is rare that Cookie comes to play in her backyard, but man, when she does, Grace freaks out in big time excitement. Grace is so obsessed with Cookie that she is constantly wanting to go in our backyard to look for her, in hopes that Cookie will be let outside for her 30 second break. The kind of constant request (often made by her dog bark "aya aya aya") that often drives her mommy crazy.
In the midst of driving me crazy over this constant requesting, it hit me in a solid quiet way...how I desire to want to have that same obsession to long for, look for, wait for, be expectant for, giddy for the Lord in this same way. To always be wanting, thinking and looking for Jesus.

A song that comes to mind and some of the words go like this...
"Give me one pure and holy passion. Give me one magnificent obsession. Jesus, give me one glorious ambition in my life - to know and follow hard after you."

No comments:

Post a Comment