Saturday, June 23, 2012

No Idea-from Jan 30, 2011




So, we went to Order Up for hamburgers tonight. Grace was loving the Exit signs, not really into eating (until I bought ice cream), but into her picture book of she and Caroline.
She eyed this girl and her maybe mom next to us and decided that they need to look at her picture book also. Of course they looked at me like I was crazy when I said, "oh, you want them to look at your pictures also?" Grace was not giving this up, so I take the pictures to them and asked (forced:) if they would mind looking at them. Don't worry, this happened again.

In the midst of these episodes, I so wish I just had a card to quickly give them to explain Grace's story. Pictures make her happy. She can't talk yet. She's about to have a melt down if you don't take these. I'm about to go crazy as well:)

Then these thoughts led to...how many times a day to we encounter people who might drive us crazy, rub us the wrong way, yet we have no idea what bag they are carrying or what their story is. Oh, Lord give us your heart and your grace to love with a reckless abandonment. No questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment