Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brother's Turn-from Feb 2, 2012


It's been quite awhile since my bro has made the blog and my mommy wanted to give him a turn, so here goes!

I should start off (this is my mommy talking) by saying that one of Grace Crocker's favorite people on this earth is her brother. It's really sweet. She adores him. Wants to do what he does (well, most of the time:) One of the #1 teachers for Grace in this life, now especially in the talking department. It's really neat...she SO tries to mimic him, mainly when he gets in his teacher mode, saying, "Grace, can you say "bubba?" over and over again it goes:)

I am still blown away by what he told me tonight. Well, 2 things, the first was at dinner.
They have been talking about the disciples at school (so I hear:) so we were trying to name them and Corbin said "Thomas was sure about following Jesus but not about other things." Wow, really? I had no idea about this, but what a profound statement. I wanna be sure about following Jesus! (Thank you Jane for your amazing teaching). Wow.

Then, at bedtime we were reading from "The Jesus Storybook Bible" by Sally Lloyd-Jones which we are hooked on, really so amazing. Anyways, the section we were on tonight was about the crucifixion. Woah. We were on the page talking about the soldiers coming to arrest Jesus (the pic shown) and with that, Corbin puts his head down and in a really sad/upset voice said "Why wasn't I born?" to which I didn't really understand at first, but he goes on to explain that he wished He could've been there to fight for Jesus. Again, woah. I was and still am kinda speachless. Yes, I need to do some personal study to be able to explain the Bible to my 4 year old and more importantly get on my face like He did.

Soooo, how do you transition out of this one?
Let's just say that yes, he still is a stinker, 4 year old boy...pushes the limits, tries to talk his way out of trouble and smooze his momma into extra cuddle time past his bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment