Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This is NOT an illusion!- from Jan 13, 2008












Yesterday, was Mommy’s birthday. (she accepts all Target gift-cards as late presents :-) and I couldn’t decide what to get her. I mean, I’ve been saving my allowance for a few weeks now and I was just at the point of buying...some gum, so I thought maybe I would make her something. So, I’m two and don’t have a very large attention span and sitting down to create something...not gonna happen. So, after much thought I decided what I could give Mommy for her birthday was to stand for the first time. That’s right things are a changing at the Crocker house!
I had been in my crib for a while when I got a little impatient with Mommy and Daddy. I was ready to get up and they were not responding to my melodious calls, so I stood up. Daddy came to the room to check on me and found me standing in my crib hanging over the side. His first reaction was “Yes!” Then he thought about it and was a little worried. Since then I have been standing up a lot, with a little help from my parents, but every now and then I am able to pull myself up. It wont be long before I am on my way. Let’s face it, Corbin is about to crawl and I need to get moving or face the wrath of the slobbering monster.
Proverbs 4: 25-26 “Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet, then stick to the path.”  Here we go God!

No comments:

Post a Comment