Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Another Surgery?- from Dec 16, 2007


 Ok. Look at the date of this post and you can see that I started this a long time ago, but then, we got into mine and Jesus’ birthday seasons...and you know. So, I will first fill you in on the surgery and bring you more later.
The surgery stunk, well it was more the recovery than anything else. As I write this, it has been close to a month since the operation and I am still in a little pain. The doctor did tell us that this was going to be the roughest surgery I have ever had...nice.
They went in on Tuesday morning to remove my tonsils, adenoids, and a pocket of air from my right sinus. It seems that this little pocket of air was pushing my sinus over to the point that I was not able to breathe through it very well. Everything went well and the doctor said that after the recovery (expect four weeks of heck) I should breathe better than I ever have. That was great news, but then, as always is with me, came the rest of the story (Paul Harvey fans?). It seems that in all of my MRIs and CAT scans it was never discovered that I have a bone blocking the left side of my nose! I have never been able to breathe from that side. Things (read snot) will build up in my nose, but have no where to go, so it just comes out in big blobs every so often. While this was shocking news to us it did explain some things. First, no wonder I have had such a hard time breathing and sleeping over the past two years. I mean, I had one nostril that was pinched almost closed and one that was closed altogether, of course I didn’t want to eat. Think about it. Have you ever tried to eat when you were so stopped up you couldn’t breathe through your nose? It’s not a pleasant experience. Secondly, it makes us realize why they were unable to get an NG-tube down that side of my nose and why that tube was a bad idea for me to begin with. It made Daddy pretty sad that he tired to shove a tube down my nose not realizing he was running into a wall of bone.
Doctor B said that he is definitely able to take care of this, but we should wait until cold and flu season is over. It will be a harder surgery for him, but an easier one for me. They will take a drill...you get the picture.
Once this is done I should be able to breathe so much better. I will sleep better and more than likely be more apt to eat. So, Corbin better eat up cause I am coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment