Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Another day, another bump!- from March 30, 2008


 This week was really interesting for me. You see, while I have been pulling up on a few things over the past few months, it hasn’t been that much and when I do it I had a tendency to put my weight on my ankles, not my feet. But this week was different. I am starting to really get into pulling up on things the “correct” way; daddy’s chair, my crib, the bathtub, but as they say, with great power comes great responsibility. While pulling up on stuff is exciting, I also apparently have a stronger than normal gravitational pull between my head and the floor. yup, I’ve taken some dives. None was bigger, however, than Friday’s. Which will now be known as, The Great Friday Fall of 2008.
Let me set the scene for you. I love the bath, I mean, L-O-V-E the bath and so, even if it is not bath time I will crawl to the tub, pull-up and stare longingly at my bath toys, remembering the last time we were together. Because of this Mommy and Daddy keep the door to the bathroom closed. Well, Daddy left it open Friday morning, but in his defense he watched me crawl and pull-up to the tub. Just as he was praising me for putting my feet firmly on the ground, I went in and I went in hard. Daddy was immediately there to pick me up, but the damage was done. I had a knot on my forehead the size of a golfball. Daddy felt horrible, but was thankful that I hadn’t broken my nose. We called Doc and he said (in a loving way) that happens when kids are learning to move around and this is just the first for both me and Corbin. Of course, with my past Mommy and Daddy were very worried. I was crying big crocodile tears and Daddy was praying that it would not somehow trigger a seizure. Well, it didn’t and Doc was right, I was just fine, but if you saw me at church today you might have noticed the big bruise.
Just a few observations on this story. One, sometimes in life we’re going to take a fall. No matter how much we practice, how much we train, sometimes we are going to get knocked down. The second thing is this, when we fall our Daddy is usually there to pick us up. I have experienced this many times in my short life. Just like last week when I fell into the tub, there have been times when something bad has happened to me and I needed Daddy to pick me up and hold me. Mommy and Daddy have experienced this many times since my birth. They get some sort of bad  medical report on me and need their Abba, Daddy to pick them up. We are so grateful that God is there for us when we need Him. We are so thankful that we have someone so solid to stand on. If we have learned anything during these past two years, it is that we have a loving God. We might not always understand what He is doing, but we know He loves us and we hope that you too might know this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment