Monday, February 10, 2014

The Lamb

Oh my stars. I haven't quite recovered from what just occurred down the hall from me.

It was our routine hugs and prayers before bed.
Corb hasn't really been wanting to pray at bedtime and I'm trying not to be forceful but offering it (anyways, I'd love any suggestions yall might have on this one:) Beside the point.

WhenI had finished saying a little prayer, Corb throws out "and Lord please provide that family with food."
 (That family being this family of 8 that my dad knows of who has recently lost all that they owned through their home catching fire. Yes, tragic.  Last week we had a meaningful time looking through Corbin's baby clothes for 2 of their little twin boys and I think he was really grasping how terrible that must be for this family).

After he prayed his prayer, he sits up and says, "I want to give them my lovey bear," and burst into tears. Oh my goodness. Speechless his mommy was. For those of you who know Corb, his lovey bear is like his most prized possession. I truly did not know how to respond to this one, other than hugs and a few tears of my own, so thankfully Michael came to the rescue with some good words for Corb.

I soon sat in awe of how the Lord has truly answered a prayer of mine. Since Corb was tiny, the prayer of my heart for him is that he would be the "lion and the lamb," strong hearted like a lion and tender hearted like a lamb...for Jesus.
Yes, this is how I just found him in trying to capture a
picture of Lovey Bear tonight...yep, that would be the
little thing tucked under his arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment