Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Surprised by Joy


So, it was a big day (mainly being that this was the first day of fall open houses for my little business, Good Gifts:)
We had a fun family dinner, then I bathed G and C while M prepared for his first class to teach on C. S. Lewis tonight (which, one of his books is titled "Surprised by Joy:).

I could share more of our routine details, but the main thing I wanted to share was how I was so sweetly surprised by joy tonight (such a thing I love:)
It's hard to remember how it all started, but the next thing I know Corbin and Grace's shirts are both off and we are having a tickle fight in her bed.
Laughter and greatness all around (such a hugely sweet thing when G and C play and interact in a fun, "normal" brother sister way, big joy to this mammas heart).

Oh, let me not forget to mention, that Corbin has now taken it upon himself to potty train Grace.
Not sure how this all happened tonight either (all part of God's surprise to me:) but let me just tell you...Corbin Crocker has power with this little girl, and I wish you all could've seen and heard how sweetly he was talking and coaching Gracie on the potty...hilarious and so sweet...which how many times have I now used the word "sweet?"

Anyway, I now I must go tend to my work stuff, but I just had to sit down to share the light, delightful and fun night that God gave me for the past hour with these 2 amazing little gifts that He has blessed us with on this earth.

Much love and thanks for sharing in the JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment