Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I'm not made for that.

Yes, this blog is mainly all about Miss Grace, but a conversation came up in our kitchen the other day that I just had to share!

I'm not sure what we were doing or talking about (pretty sure not making pizza, but this pic just cracks me up and it is a little fitting here), but I was trying to encourage Corbin to have self control about something to which he replied, "mom, I'm not made for that," to which I responded, "Oh, yes you are buddy." ...and then, it struck me and I had to have one of those humbling mom moments to which I said, "you know, Corb, you're right, no, you were not not made to have self control and neither was mommy, but because we have Jesus in us, the promise of the Holy Spirit can bring about things like self control."

Without Jesus we are all "...wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." Revelation 3:17
But with Him and the fruit of His Spirit we have "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control..." Galatians 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment