Monday, September 10, 2012

Melt My Heart


Grace Crocker has officially completed her 1st whole week as a 1st grader!!
So yes, after I picked her up from school, we went to celebrate with a cupcake and lemonade!

Here comes the 1st big melt my heart part...so we pulled up to home and I opened the door to let her out (which can often be quite a patience process, as she likes to be "her way or the highway...all about her timing" in other words, often will sit there but the minute I try to go inside, she will then start to move and often dart towards the street:) Yes, that's a fun and scary one:)
Well, so I just kinda am standing by her, door opened, and, I kid you not, she pulls me in for the sweetest, biggest kiss that I have ever been given by her. Yes, tears come as I write this. Her week starts by pushing me out the school door and ends by pulling me in for a kiss. Doesn't get much sweeter.

And then, melt my heart #2 comes when I open her folder to find her 1st big 1st Grade worksheet that she had done! Thanks Marcie for helping Grace accomplish this:)

So full of love. So full of thanks for the amazing teachers at Cambridge that make this kind of week possible for this girl. So blessed by our family and friends who have cheered us and Gracie girl along.
And the biggest thanks and shout out goes to Jesus who has brought her to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment