Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Merry Christmas- from Jan 6, 2008


 My third Christmas was my best yet. We again spent Christmas Eve at Great Gran’s house, went to church, and had a wonderful Christmas morning at home, for the first time with four. Christmas day we went to Honey and Doc’s house to celebrate with them and my new cousin Rollins. That night Mommy, Daddy, Corb, and I got in Doc’s suburban (yes, we had that much stuff) and drove to Granbury to have Christmas with the Crockers. There were 17 people and 5 dogs at Mimi and Grandaddy’s, good times.
There was a little tension everywhere we went, but it was truly great to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with our family.
After Christmas and up to today I got some sort of virus that was causing me to not hold onto my feedings. It is not a pretty sight to see my entire feeding come back up through my mouth and nose...at least one side anyway. It has really worn all of us out, except Corb, who is oblivious to it all, but we seem to be on the good side of things. It always seems to be, if we can just get beyond this...but we know that God has a plan. And we also know that I will eat through my mouth again. We believe with all that we are that I will once again take food and drink through my mouth. Feeding a sixth month old is one thing, but a two year old is another story. I know that I will be happier, Mommy and Daddy will be happier, and Corb probably will be too once I can eat on my own. He’s such an attention hog.
As we look to this new year we have great hope in the healing power of God and the things He is going to do this year. May all of you be blessed this year. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment