Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Big 2!- from Jan 6, 2008


 It is hard to believe that two years have already passed. I feel like such an old lady...not really, but there are definitely times when I feel like the last two years have taken two decades. This year we had another family party at the house. We grilled some burgers and cooked some tots and just had a grand time. I was so happy. I got to open presents and roam around playing with all of my new things. I had such a great time that I eventually crashed and was down for a great night.
The last two years have seen some interesting times for the Crocker family. We have had our ups and our downs. I started to sit down and count up the number of hospital visits, doctors visits, doctors, procedures, medicines, etc. that we have gone through, but I’m only two and can’t count that high. Plus, I would rather focus on other things. Like, for instance, doctors said on my first day of life that I would need immediate surgery or could die because I didn’t have all of the body parts I needed. As my friend on College Game Day says, Not so fast! God had other plans. Then there was the time that doctors said they had no idea what my diagnosis was and that they might not be able to control my seizures. Not so fast my friend! God had other ideas. I have been seizure free for seven months now. Praise God! Now Dr T is talking about taking me off some of my medicines. Or there was the time that we were told I might never crawl because of my low muscle tone. Not so fast! God was there again! Not only am I crawling, I am starting to pull up on things and working towards standing. In fact, Dr Fierro (he’s new) says that around 90% of the Olympic gymnasts have low muscle tone. That is what allows them to do the things they do. Apparently, low tone just means your muscles feel soft and make you flexible when at rest. Once you put them into action, forget about it, you might be able to do anything and my muscles are a pretty big deal when put into action.
So, if you’re keeping track at home: I’m going to be an Olympian, Corb’s going to be an offensive lineman, Daddy is so very happy. Actually, we are so blessed for all of the things that God has done in my life, in the lives of my family members, and in so many other people who have heard my story. Mommy and Daddy always wanted my life to bring glory to God and we are so thankful to Him that He has brought people closer to Him because of my story. We also believe with everything we are that God will heal me, to the glory of His name.
Thanks so much to all of you who have been with me on my journey. I pray that God would bless each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment