Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Little Lamb- from Nov 18, 2007



 Yes, this is a picture of my Halloween costume and it is weeks later, but it was too cute not to use...
A few updates need to be made. First, I had another MRI a few weeks ago to take a closer look at my nasal passages and to hopefully find out why I have had a runny nose since birth. I mean the good money was on Mommy and Daddy seeing as how they each are poster kids for allergy medicines. Aunt Fun used to joke that their children would have to live in a bubble because of such bad allergies. How do you feel about that comment now?
Well, the MRI showed that I have larger than normal tonsils and adenoids and also a pocket of air lodged inside of my nose that is pushing my nasal cavity over. All of this adds up to a constantly runny nose, difficulty breathing, trouble sleeping, and, Daddy believes, trouble with my eating too. So, you guessed it, another surgery. Merry Christmas!
I will be having surgery to take out my tonsils and adenoids and remove the air-pocket on December 11. The doctor says after recovery my life will be so much better. I will be able to breath, my nose wont be so stuffy all the time, I will sleep better, and hopefully my desire to eat will grow and grow. So, if you happen to own stock in Kleenex, sell it now!
The only issue with the surgery is the recovery. I have heard from the doctor and people who have had this surgery when they are older that the recovery is very very painful. I’m not looking forward to this, but I sure do want the result.
With all of the great progress I have made over the past month or so, Mommy and Daddy are so grateful to God. We have seen so many incredible things that it makes us humbled at God’s faithfulness. Jesus once told a father to just believe that his daughter would be healed and she would be. We have clung to that over the past two years. We believe that God will bring His healing touch to my little body and during this Thanksgiving season remember to be thankful to Him for that and for all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment