Sunday, June 24, 2012

Saved-from Dec 21, 2011


"For it is by grace you have been saved..." Ephesians 2:8

How the Lord SO sweetly hit me over the head with this word this morning during a much needed quiet time with Him and His word.
God showed it to me not as the typical salvation verse that I have read it as before, but the sweet love and truth that it is by God's/our daughter Grace that I have been saved. Saved from myself, saved from getting worked up about my hair (ha:), saved from what other people think of me. Do I still struggle with these things? Yes, but man how thankful I am that though major hard walks and seasons with this little girl, yes, I have been freed and saved from worldly struggles that I'm sure I'd be more caught up in if it wasn't for the perspective that the Lord has given me through this little turkey.

The verse goes on to say, " through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast." vs 9

Speaking of boasting and gifts, Michael and I were just GIVEN Baylor Bowl tickets! Yes, given as a free gift to us.
How I love the timing of this verse.  We take no credit other than saying thank you Lord for this sweet, fun gift.
A gift from an amazing family that we have gotten to know through Grace.
Dang, I love how God so weaved all of this together. Is HE good or what?!
Just like is this picture good or what? Thank you very much Jesus that we no longer have to feed Grace through this tube any more!! So much so that she managed to fit (and eat) 3 mini oreos in her mouth at a play date yesterday:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment