Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just Be With Me- from Jan 12, 2011



I am sitting here blown away by the so fine way that God just showed His heart to me on my birthday.

As most of you know, just about all that I am has been struggling and feeling so weary and defeated by the almost constant slappings, pullings and pinchings I have been getting from Miss Grace (probably largely due to her inability to talk to me we think).
Anyways, I was giving her a little snack of pudding in her high chair (which she WAS eating, praise God) after school, and it was just such a sweet time. She was smiling, I was tickling her...hard to put into words, but we were just enjoying each other...talk about a giant birthday gift.

Well, it was in the midst of this time that God spoke something so clear to my heart....Ginna, I just love BEING with you. Yes, it's nice when you have a structured quiet time or write a friend a note in my name, but my favorite thing is when we just enjoy and BE with each other. You know how Corbin was climbing all over you on the chair at the restaurant today, loving on you? Well, you liked that better than the card he made you, didn't you? Yes. Yes.
Thank you Jesus for this sweet revelation. Thank you for my friend at WAG today who encouraged me to savor and look for the times that You speak. How sweet they are. Thank you for this gift!
...in case some of you are wondering, yes, Grace is giving me a kiss in this picture (kisses which I can count on 2 hands, and which always involve her tongue!)

No comments:

Post a Comment