Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rocked to the Core


So, I finally land into bed, thankful that I made it there before the 11 o'clock hour, exhausted.
I go to this book (amazing, "Mended" by Angie Smith) next to me, knowing that I needed to unwind from my list and reach out for some Jesus encouragement.
Well, not only was I encouraged, but my core was rocked in a good way.

"I beg Him to tell me what my offering should be, and then I ask for the strength to give it away."
"...the sting of winnowing"...I am WEARY from the stings. from the reasonings, the trying to witness, the trying to be normal, shoving it down/not knowing how to tackle or deal with it.

For me, it (my offering) is loud and clear, a normal daughter...one I can fully embrace her class Christmas party with. One I can run into Christmas break with, excited to bake and do crafts, not feeling guilty to do these things at a time without her, in knowing that she will not want much part in it, only to make my heart sadder and more frustrated and shaddowed with guilt for being frustrated with her or the lot we have been dealt.

"He (David in 1 Chronicles 21:18-28) built an altar to worship the God who threshes...The temple itself was built on a threshing floor. Oh, what beauty can come of the hurt...I needed to believe in the harvest that was up ahead and to trust that God would redeem the hurt.

Only God Himself knows why we each stand on the ground we're on, but there is something that you and I can do from here, and I choose to build an altar to the Lord. I'm not going to say that it's easy, nor that it is painless. It isn't.

The God of you and me wants to help us build where the hurt has been. I am praying...that you will be inspired, even in the wake of devistation, to worship Him with eager expectation of the harvest.

Teach us to believe in what we cannot see from the threshing floor.
The places that seem hollowed out and destroyed hold the potential for a beautiful transformation....
Where do you see the gap that feels whittled to the core?
I would love for you to meditate on this idea today, and make a conscious effort to believe that the Lord makes ALL THINGS NEW.
Glory to God it is never in vain.

Make today's tears an offering that will water the soil for the harvest to come.

Woosh, thank you for speaking to me Lord! I have been feeling so weighted by this, so thank you for showing me what to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment