Friday, January 10, 2014

The Table

 

So, the table was set, so to speak, for Grace's 8th birthday party.
It had already been a big day leading up to the party prep... breakfast celebration, both off to school, Corbin's school Christmas party, you get the picture.

SO, by the time I had hauled the party gear up and covered the tables, I needed a minute to be still with Jesus.
I kneeled, with worship music on, facing the party line up, and after a minute of spinning and quiet, I just said, Lord, I turn my heart towards you, and it was like within a minute that the Lord spoke so sweetly and clearly to me.
It went like this...Ginna, you know you worked so hard to make this party for your little girl full of all of her favorite things (the gym, picture ornaments of her friends, Elmo's song, big cake, hula hoops, to name a few)... I prepare a banquet like this for YOU every day.
Woah. Pause, humbled, renewed vision and peace and thankful I stood.

Regardless of how Grace would respond to this party I prepared for her (by the way, she loved it and had a ball, but you never know with this little turkey), or by the rough pull-up that I changed before she went to bed, I will and always will love her (yes, it will be tested and get weary and mad and sad) BUT love her always I will.

How thankful I am that the Lord daily prepares this amazing banquet table before me. And oh how I know it must break His heart when I want more or complain or don't acknowledge all that He has set before yet He continues to fully love and bless me. Woah.

Thank you Lord for this sweet word and Happy Birthday Grace Anne Crocker, Child of the Most High God!

"He has brought me to His banquet hall, and His banner over me is love." Song of Solomon 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment